In this regard, some view evolution more as religion than as science, because of its strong reliance upon faith in things unseen.
But in their zeal to systematize their Darwinian god, factual science itself became subordinate to the flexible whimsies of evolutionists' new Maker. For example, anything —and everything can be ascribed to evolution. And when faced with the inconvenience of refuting evidence, evolutionists' elastic god can be remolded to fit any shape expedience dictates (as we shall see).
- Evolution's Absurd Leap of Faith From Theory to Fact
- Darwin's Theory won sweeping support within the science community and the media. There persisted, however, the troublesome matter of proving their new god. How well would evolution's unknown machinations fare under scrutiny of the fossil record, and well-understood and proven laws of nature, such as thermodynamics?
Earth and the Laws of Nature Tell a Different Story
The top-most layer of the earth's crust is a mile-deep graveyard containing billions of fossils. Darwin claimed that abundant evidence supporting his theory, i.e., missing links, common ancestors, would be found in this stratum.
But in over 150 years since Darwin's theory was published, no evidence of any kind has ever been found to support it. In fact, evidence contained in the fossil record directly contradicts Darwin's claims of species' transmutation.
- Artists' Renderings —as Facts of Science
- Undaunted by the contrary physical evidence, paleontologists have exhibited an inexhaustible capacity over the years for imagination.
In 1912, Arthur Woodward announced to the world that he had found the missing link between ape and man. Piltdown Man, as he called it, consisted of a jaw bone and a piece of skull which he estimated to be over 500,000 years old.
However, in 1953, when the new fluoride dating process was applied to the bones, scientists were shocked to learn that the jaw bone was less than 50 years old. Only then did they notice that the bones and teeth had been treated with salts and filed to make them appear old and primitive.
In other words, Piltdown Man was a scientific fraud.
Scientific Method in Reverse?
In the past 150 years, paleontologists and archaeologists have unearthed literally millions of fossil remains. However, despite initial reports of findings of missing links, scientists later dismissed these reports as false.
Most notable of these reported discoveries were:
- Heidelberg Man - Reconstructed from a modern human jaw bone.
- Nebraska Man - Scientifically reconstructed from the tooth of a pig.
- Piltdown Man - Scientifically reconstructed from the jawbone of a modern ape. Teeth filed and treated with salts to make them appear old.
- Peking Man - Supposedly 500,000 years old, but the evidence somehow vanished.
- Neanderthal Man - Scientifically reconstructed from the arthritic skeleton of a modern man.
- New Guinea Man - Later found to date way back to 1970.
- Cro-Magnon Man - Reconstructed from a fossil identical in every way - to modern man.
In over 150 years since the introduction of Darwin's book, no missing links have ever been found, living or dead.
In fact, evolution scientists have been confounded by evidence in the fossil record which directly contradicts their theory. The fossil record provides clear evidence of the sudden occurrence of species and their long history virtually unchanged - until extinction.
Life from Non-Living Matter?
Another key tenet of Darwinism proposes the spontaneous generation of life from inorganic matter (pre-biotic soup). Unfortunately, all attempts by experimenters to prove this hypothesis have also failed.
Apparently, non-living matter simply cannot produce living matter —a fact that the Dr. Louis Pasteur proved scientifically.
Yet, despite the lack of any scientific underpinning, or even the slightest hint of how evolution is supposed to actually work, the theory persists as orthodox doctrine in science textbooks all over the world.
How can this be?
With the argument of Darwinism all but shattered by the fossil record, Darwinist scientists had to come up with an alternate theory - one that better fit the physical evidence.
- Directed Panspermia (The X-Files)
- Still reeling from the knockout blow dealt by the fossil record, evolutionist scientists went back to the drawing board. Their substitute creator had to be revamped to deal with the practical realities of the fossil record.
Francis Crick, the 1981, Nobel Prize winner for co-discovery of DNA —came up with a solution. Crick introduced the hypothesis known as, Directed Panspermia.
The theory states that aliens on dying planets elsewhere rocketed microorganisms to earth, spawning the various life forms we have today.
When introduced, this theory sparked much speculation and even hysteria among the less-scientific public. Aliens and UFOs began popping everywhere and soon became the rage of tabloid magazines. (Some even claim to have been abducted by aliens).
However, in light of the incredible distances between solar systems and other practical realities, this theory was discarded.
Though abandoned by scientists, the fanciful fiction did not escape unnoticed by Hollywood screenwriters and producers. Hollywood sci-fi flicks and popular TV shows such as the X Files, capitalized upon the drama of advanced alien races keeping watchful eyes upon their primitive earth progeny.
Nor was the public offended any by Crick's discarded Little Green Men (LGM) theory, as Agents Mulder and Scully proved in the TV ratings.
But LGM was only fiction; scientists needed a more durable god.
Darwin's theory of evolution was then completely overhauled to better conform to the physical evidence contained within the fossil record.
With no explanation as to how evolution supposedly works, scientists now claim that evolution functions just like supernatural creation - (i.e., without the Supernatural Creator).
Their neo-Darwinist theory, called punctuated equilibrium, in effect claims that evolution creates species in spurts and that those species endure for long periods without noticeable change —amazingly like creation.
But how —no one knows. That's the miracle of evolution. "We know it happens, because it happened", as scientists are fond of saying.
From fraudulent ape-man fossils, to little green men, to an empty black box creation system - which no one gets to peer into ...it might seem that scientists will accept any alternative —to Supernatural creation.
Can Scientists be Trusted?
Many people view scientists as fearless and objective investigators of natural phenomena. Many regard their credibility as superior to religion (which is not a difficult comparison).
However, scientists may be far from the benign and objective custodians of truth that their white lab coats might suggest.