stronauts report that our Blue Planet is the most beautiful sight from Space. Earth's wispy atmosphere silhouetted by blue oceans and continental plains are a welcome contrast against the frigid blackness of Space.
Among Earth's most unique qualities are its moderate temperature range, oceans of liquid water and atmosphere.
The nearest solar system, Proxima Centauri, is but a scant 4.2 light years away (25 trillion miles).
Of our eight planetary neighbors in the solar system, none of them is even remotely hospitable to life:
- Mars' thin atmosphere lowers the boiling point of water so much that liquid water cannot exist on its surface. At night, temperatures plunge to 190 degrees below zero, even at its equator.
- Venus, nearest in size to our own planet contains no oceans to dissolve its excess carbon dioxide. Its runaway greenhouse effect produces horrific 215 mph winds (3 times greater than hurricane force) and a blistering surface temperature of over 800 degrees.
- Pluto, furthest away of all the planets is so cold that its atmosphere lies frozen on its surface.
- Neptune and Uranus, twin worlds in eternal night and perpetual cold are each surrounded by an unbreathable atmosphere of methane gas and ammonia vapor.
- Saturn, an intriguing planet with its many moons and rings of cosmic particles has a temperature close to 270 degrees below zero. Ice lies 15,000 miles deep below its surface.
- Giant Jupiter has gigantic cliffs of lava and ice with hydrogen flaming at the tops. The atmospheric pressure is unimaginable; thousands of pounds to the square inch. Nothing could survive there.
- Nor could anyone live on Mercury, nearest planet to the sun. It has no air and the temperature at its equator is that of molten lead.
- Even our Moon, almost the same distance as the Earth from the Sun, soars to 270 degrees by day and plummets to 240 degrees below zero by night.
The sheer volume and interconnectedness of life sustaining improbabilities on Earth is awe-inspiring.
Of all the planetary bodies in all the trillions of miles in our corner of the Milky Way Galaxy to choose from, Earth is the only planet that any living thing could call home.
- Possible Clues
Based upon these facts, what can be inferred about the cause or Causer of life on Planet Earth? Let's review the evidence:
- CLUE #5. EARTH HABITAT - IDEAL
- Ideal orbit (more)
- Ideal surface recycling (more)
- Ideal atmosphere (more)
- Ideal planetary physics (mass, rotational velocity) (more)
- Ideal climate regulator (Moon) (more)
- Ideal weather
- Ideal energy source (more)
- Ideal meteorite deflector (Jupiter) (more)
- Ideal liquid water
- Ideal Greenhouse Effect (more)
- Ideal magnetosphere
- CLUE #6: LIFE
- Living things - human, flora and fauna
- The Super-genius of DNA
- Ideal protein molecule
- Ideal carbon molecule
- CLUE #7: OTHER GOOD THINGS
- Abundance and variety of foods
- Abundance of materials for shelter
- Abundance of materials for clothing
- Abundance of natural recreation
- The beauty and wonder of Nature satisfying to all the senses
- Tame species of animals (as pets)
- The study of the cosmos, Earth and the life on Earth comprises the sum total of our scientific knowledge. The characteristics and qualities that scientists typically attribute to Nature and its laws are: methodical, logical, rational, structured and orderly.
It is unlikely that random or chance forces could organize the complex, systematic interoperation of meticulously regulated processes as within a single cell, the human body, the Earth or the cosmos. Nor has it been proven how life could have spontaneously created itself.
It is also unlikely that random forces could generate life forms capable of intelligence, order and purpose —attributes which chance forces do not themselves possess.
Implication: Deliberate Premeditation
Reason: Whoever or whatever caused creation is All-Purposeful
The evidence in nature reveals a cause or Causer who creates with power, intelligence and purpose.
But what further details can be deduced about our specific origin and purpose? Do our limitations as mortal beings amplify our need for the cause or Causer to reveal His purposes —to us?
|Is it reasonable to expect that a wise Creator would communicate His purpose to His creation?
- ...And If So...How?